Zendesk provides two features that provide additional security for your account. Advanced security functionality is included in some Zendesk Suite plans and can be purchased separately as an add-on for some Support plans.
This article includes the following sections:
About the advanced security functionality
Advanced security functionality includes:
- Enhanced Disaster Recovery enhances the protection of your Zendesk data and provides for faster recovery in the event of a disaster that interrupts your Zendesk service.
- Advanced Compliance helps you fulfill your obligations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). With this feature, you have the ability to enter into a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with Zendesk.
Note: If you're an existing customer who purchased the original Advanced Security add-on, you can continue to renew this add-on for your account. See the PDF attached at the end of this article for information about this legacy add-on.
Exceptions to advanced security functionality
In addition to the exceptions mentioned in the Enhanced Disaster Recovery and Advanced Compliance articles, the advanced security functionality also may not apply to the following services:
- Zendesk Net Promoter Score (NPS) Surveys
- Zendesk Explore. See HIPAA considerations when using Zendesk Explore
- Other services managed and hosted by third parties and the data you enter into these other services, as defined in our Master Subscription Agreement.
Click here to learn more about security for Zendesk Talk. For the other services listed above click here to learn more about Zendesk security.
Please sign in to leave a comment.