In this recipe, you'll learn how to use the information that Explore collects from the Messaging channel to understand how many conversations have been created in the last eight hours. For more information, see About Zendesk messaging.
What you'll need
How to create the report in Explore
Use the following steps to create this report in Explore:
- In Zendesk Explore, click the reports ( ) icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Tickets created, then click Apply. Ensure the aggregator for this metric is set to COUNT.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Ticket update > Update - Hour, then click Apply.
- In the Filters panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Ticket > Ticket channel, then click Apply.
- Click the filter you just added, select only Messaging as the filter, then click Apply.
- In the visualization type menu (), click Column. Explore displays a column chart showing all messaging tickets created over the last eight hours.
- Don't forget to give the report a name, then Save it.