Learn how to set up a Google calendar integration in Sell, edit it, or disconnect it. For information about how to set up the integration for tasks, see Connecting Sell tasks with Google.
To set up a calendar with Office 365, see Connecting your Exchange calendar with Sell.
This article covers the following topics
Considerations for connecting your Google calendar with Sell
Before you connect your Google calendar with Sell, first consider the following points about how your appointments sync in the integration:
- The appointments that you add or edit in either calendar (Sell or Google), are synced.
- If you delete an appointment in the Sell calendar, it is also deleted in the Google calendar, and vice versa.
- If you chose to make a secondary (view only) Google calendar visible in Sell, then you delete it from your Google account, the appointments that were copied into the Sell calendar from that secondary calendar will remain in the Sell calendar and will not be deleted. The account name is automatically mapped to the calendar name and set as the default calendar. You can also select multiple calendars.
Connecting your Google calendar with Sell
If you already use a Google account to manage your appointments, tasks, and contacts, you can integrate your Google account with Sell, which will sync Sell with Google. This enables you to use both Sell and Google together to manage your customer relationships and sales pipeline.
To connect your Google calendar with Sell
- Click Settings (), then Integrations > Calendars.
- Click + Add Google Calendar.
- Click the Google account you want to use to connect with Sell, then click Allow.
- Enter the calendar account settings, including: a display name for the calendar as it will appear in Sell, plus the calendars you want to be visible in Sell. The default calendar is the Google account you chose in the previous step.
Note: If you change the Default calendar dropdown selection to 'Sell calendar', your appointments will not sync with Google.
- Click Complete Account Setup.
Your Google calendar is now the default calendar and now appears on the Calendar Accounts page in Sell. All of the appointments contained in the integrated Google calendar now appear as appointments on the Calendar page in Sell. If you have appointments in the Google calendar that contain attendees whose email addresses match leads or contacts that already exist in Sell, they're matched and the appointments will also appear on each lead’s and contact’s cards.
You can also add a logo, to be included in email invites for new appointments, on the Calendar Accounts page.
Changing or disconnecting your Google calendar from Sell
You can always change the default calendar if you want to, and if you need to, you can always disconnect your Google calendar entirely from Sell.
To change the default calendar
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Calendars > Calendar accounts.
- Click the account you want to edit.
- In Calendar Account Settings click the calendar you want to set as default.
- Click Save.
To disconnect your Google calendar from Sell
- Click the account you want to remove.
- Click Remove Account.
- Click Confirm Account Removal.
Your Google calendar has been disconnected from Sell and is no longer visible or accessible in Sell.