You can use the layouts in your Zendesk Sell account to control how key information displays for leads, contacts, and deals.
There are two major sections that you can customize on a details page:
- Fields (on the left)
- Widgets (on the right)
You need to be an admin to work with layouts.
This article covers the following topics:
Introducing fields and the fields column
On the leads, contacts, and deals cards in Sell, the information displayed in the fields column follows the same general layout. The fields column is located at the left of every lead, contact, and deal page.
Admins can set a default view for the fields column to control what's displayed to users.
For example, the fields in the fields column can include the owner, tags, and deal stage.
Customizing the fields layout
To customize the layout of the fields column
- On the Sell sidebar, click the Settings () icon.
- Click Customize > Layouts.
- Depending on which layout you want to update, click the Leads, People (Contacts), Companies (Contacts), or Deals tab.
- In the fields column on the left, click Edit.
Here you can create sections and reorder fields, and set which fields always display.
To create a section header
- To the right of the screen, click Create section.
- In the Section header field, enter the name you want for the section header.
- Click Create section.
- Drag and drop the fields you want to include into that section.
To reorder fields in the column
Drag and drop fields in the list in the order you want to display them. Alternatively you can use the Options menu.
- To the right of the field, click the Options () menu.
- Click Move fields.
- In the Move fields drop-down menu, click the section you want to move the field to.
- Click Move.
Fields available for leads, contacts, and deals
There are three different types of fields in Sell and they are used on all lead, contact, and deal cards. They are also used in smart lists.
- Standard fields - includes fields such as deal name, deal value, and estimated close date. You cannot edit these fields.
- Standard calculated fields - these fields are filled in programmatically, based on events and conditions. To view the list of standard calculated fields and the activity or event that updates each field, see Sell standard calculated fields.
- Custom fields - unique fields created and added to lead, contact, and deal cards. To view the type of custom fields that require admin permissions to create, and to learn how to create and manage custom fields, see Creating and managing custom fields in Sell.
Introducing widgets and the widget panel
On every leads, contacts, and deals card in Sell you'll find that the information displayed follows the same general layout. The widget panel is located to the right of every lead, contact, and deal card.
Admins can set a default view for the widget panel to control what displays to users.
Widgets are the boxes in the widget panel. These can include appointments, documents, or apps associated with the record type. For the list of available widgets, see the section Widgets available for leads, contacts, and deals.
Customizing the widget layout
You can customize the widgets in the widget panel on the right of a details card.
To customize your widget layout
- On the Sell sidebar, click the Settings icon (), then navigate to Customize > Layouts.
- Click the required tab to customize the layout for this record type. You can choose Leads, People (Contacts), Companies (Contacts), or Deals.
- On the widgets panel, click Edit.
- Hover over a widget to select it.
- To move the location of a widget within the widget panel, drag and drop it to the new location.
- To hide a widget, drag it to the hidden widgets panel. To make a widget visible again, click the arrow icon to return it to the widgets panel.
- To remove a widget, click X to delete it.
- Click Save.
The layout is saved as your new default widget view layout for all users.
Widgets available for leads, contacts, and deals
If you have apps enabled, they appear as widgets. There are a variety of widgets available for each record type, including:
- Leads: Collaborators, Upcoming Appointments, Active Tasks, Documents
- People Contacts: Deals Revenue, Current Deals, Collaborators, Upcoming Appointments, Tasks, Colleagues, Tickets, Xero Invoices, Documents
- Company Contacts: Deals Revenue, Current Deals, Company Hierarchy, Collaborators, Upcoming Appointments, Tasks, Employees, Tickets, Xero Invoices, Documents
- Deals: Associated Contacts, Products, Collaborators, Upcoming Appointments, Tasks, Tickets, Documents, Dropbox, Google Drive, Quotes