In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create a report to return the average time between a ticket first being assigned to its first resolution time. Keep in mind this report is based on the time between ticket updates, not agent time spent working on each ticket update. If you require that information, check out our article Time Tracking app: metrics you need to be measuring.
What you'll need
Skill level: Moderate
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the report
To create the report
- In Zendesk Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- Now, create a standard calculated metric to show the time between first assignment to first resolution. Click Calculations (), then click Standard calculated metric.
- On the Standard calculated metric page, add a name for the metric like First assignment to first resolution time.
- Enter or paste the formula below into the Formula field.
(VALUE(First resolution time (min))/60/24) - (DATE_DIFF([Ticket first assigned - Timestamp], [Ticket created - Timestamp], "nb_of_days"))Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- Click Save.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Calculated metrics > First assignment to first resolution time (the metric you just created), then click Apply.
- Ensure the metric aggregator for First assignment to first resolution time is set to AVG (see Choosing metric aggregators).
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Assignee > Assignee name, then click Apply.
- Click the Assignee name attribute you just added and exclude NULL from the results.
- From the Chart configuration () menu, click Display format.
- On the Display format page, change AVG(First assignment to first resolution time) to Custom. Then make the following changes:
- Decimal place: 1
- Suffix: days
You could also add a date filter to the report by using the information in Editing dates and date ranges.
The report is now complete. See the screenshot below as an example.