In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create a report that compares the number of your one-touch tickets (meaning tickets that were solved by the first agent reply) to your satisfaction survey results. This recipe can be used to give insight into the kinds of tickets your agents are solving in one touch and can help to identify potential new content for your knowledge base. It's also important to take into account the satisfaction of the customer in the context of these tickets solved in one touch.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 15 Minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the report
To create the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Agent replies distribution > One-touch tickets and Customer satisfaction > % Satisfaction score, then click Apply.
- Next, choose a custom ticket field to identify the types of inquiries that your agents are solving in one touch. Examples of this type of ticket field would be About, Product Area, Enquiry Type, etc. If you have not yet set up a custom ticket field, see Adding and using custom ticket fields. In the columns list, expand Ticket custom fields, then click the custom field you want to report on. In the example shown the report is reporting based on the Product ticket field. Click Apply.
- On the Excluded tab of the custom field page, enable NULL to exclude tickets where the custom ticket field value is blank.
- Click the % Satisfaction score metric, change the axis to Dual, then click Apply.
- From the Chart configuration () menu, click Secondary axes.
- On the Secondary axes page, change the Max value to 1.
- From the Chart configuration () menu, click Display format.
- On the Display format page, change SUM(% Satisfaction score) to %.
(Optional) To filter the results to see the top 5 results based on your custom ticket field.
- From the Result manipulation () menu, click Top/bottom.
- On the Top/bottom page, enable Top and set the maximum results to 5. Make sure the results are being filtered by the One-touch tickets metric, with the Strategy set to On columns.
The report is complete. See the screenshot below for an example of the finished result.