In Sell, you can select any base currency for your product, and also select the currency individually for each deal.
This article covers the following topics:
Understanding currencies in Sell
These are the basics when working with currencies Sell:
- Every Sell account has a default currency
- Every deal can have a different currency
- Your default currency is established from your Sell account settings
- You can filter deals by currency
- Exchange rates are taken from https://openexchangerates.org/
- Deals with various currencies are sorted by deal value, using the default currency (recalculating where needed)
Currencies available in Sell
Most currencies are available for you to use with your deals in Sell. You can set the default currency for your deal in Deals > Edit deal. Contact your Zendesk support agent for specific information about the currencies available.
Using multiple currencies in Sell
You may have a deal that has more than one currency attached to it, if so:
- All reports for that deal are shown in the default currency for that deal.
- Forecasting reports calculate the active deal value based on the current exchange rate.
- Sales reports calculate the closed deal value based on the deal closing date exchange rate.
Changing your default currency
You can change the default currency for your account in Sell, doing so will mean:
- All closed deals are recalculated to the new currency using their deal closing date exchange rate.
- All active deals with non-default currency are recalculated to the new currency using current exchange rate.
If you are editing the Moved to stage on field for a closed deal that is using the non-default currency, the deal value is recalculated with the exchange rate specified in the Moved to stage on field.
For more information see Changing your Sell account and deal currency settings.