This report shows you how to measure the amount of time between when a ticket is created to when it is solved for the last time.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports icon ( ).
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a Dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Duration between events - Calendar hours (hrs) > Full resolution time (hrs).
- Click Apply. Explore calculates, and displays the median time taken between when a ticket is created to when it is solved for the last time.
- Now, you can slice this data by adding one or more attributes. For example, if you add Ticket created - Date as a column, you can see the full resolution time on a day-by-day basis.
Customizing the report
Typically, the report you just generated will return a lot of results. To make your report more digestible, you can filter ticket results and select different chart types to represent your data. For example, you can filter ticket results to a specific month and select a line chart to show the increase or decrease in resolution time during that month.
To add a month filter to the report
- In the Filters panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, click Time - Ticket created > Ticket created - Date.
- Click Apply. The filter is displayed in the Filters panel.
Now, when you click the Ticket created - Date filter, you can select only the months you want to see on the report.
To change the report to display a line chart
In the visualization type menu (), click Line.
The chart is redrawn as a line diagram.