With thanks to Philippa Booth
This report provides a quick way to display the current date on your dashboard.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket and agent data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
Use the following steps to create this report in Explore.
- In Zendesk Explore, click the reports ( ) icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- Next, add a metric, the thing you want to measure, in this case, the number of tickets. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Tickets, then click Apply. Notice that COUNT(Tickets) is displayed in the Metrics panel and Explore automatically displays the count of tickets in the main section of the page.
- Next, add a custom attribute that displays the current date. In the Calculations ( ) menu, choose Standard calculated attribute.
- On the Standard calculated attribute panel, add the following formula:
- Add a title for your new attribute. In this example, the attribute was named Today.
- When you are finished, click Save.
- Next, add the custom attribute that will show the current date. In the Rows section, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Calculated attributes > Today, then click Apply. This shows the number of tickets and today's date.
- Next, hide the metric value and the heading. Click Chart configuration ( ) > Columns from the right-hand panel.
- Hide the second column from the list.
- To hide the heading, click Chart configuration ( ) > Chart. Look for Header visibility and hide the header.
- You can also adjust the text configuration in the same setting.
- The report is, by default named New report. Click the New report text and replace it with a title of your own.
- Finally, click Save.
Now, you can add it to your dashboard to display the current date. To add a report to your dashboard, see the article: Adding reports to dashboards.