Explore's built-in metrics can display the amount of time it takes from tickets being created to their first public agent comment. This is known as first reply time. However, sometimes you might want to return the actual date and time of the first reply. While this isn't included as a metric or attribute in Explore, you can use this recipe to create a standard calculated attribute that returns this information.
What you'll need
Skill level: Average
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Building your calculated attribute
- In Explore, click the reports ( ) icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report.
- In the calculations menu (), click Standard calculated attribute.
- On the Standard calculated attribute page, give your attribute a name like Ticket first reply - Date.
- paste the following formula:
IF (VALUE(First reply time (min))!=NULL)
THEN DATE_FORMAT(DATE_FROM_TIMESTAMP(DATE_TO_TIMESTAMP([Ticket created - Timestamp])+VALUE(First reply time (min))*60),"YYYY-MM-dd")
ENDIFTip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- When you are finished, click Save.
You can now use this calculated attribute in your own reports. For example: