In this recipe, you'll learn how to create a report that shows the percentage of inbound calls that were abandoned during a time frame you specify.
What you'll need
Skill level: Intermediate
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Call data in Zendesk Talk
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Talk > Talk - Calls, then click Start report.
The report Builder opens.
- In the Calculations menu (), click Standard calculated metric.
On the Standard calculated metric page, enter or paste the following formula:
IF ([Call direction]="Inbound"
AND [Call completion status]="Abandoned in queue")
AND (VALUE(Call duration (sec))>0
AND VALUE(Call duration (sec))<=20)
THEN [Call ID] ENDIF
- Name the calculated metric "Calls abandoned in queue within 20 sec" and save it. The metric returns the [Call ID] for: Inbound calls that were Abandoned in queue with a Call talk time that is 20 sec or less.
Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add, and then choose "Calls abandoned in queue within 20 sec". Make sure to select the D_COUNT aggregator and then click Apply.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add, and then choose the default metric "Inbound Calls".
- In the Result manipulation panel, click Result metric calculation, then click Add new metric.
- Name the metric Percentage of abandoned calls in queue within 20 sec and using the Insert metric drop down menu, select both metrics from step 5 and 6 to obtain the following one:
D_COUNT(Calls abandoned in queue within 20 sec)/D_COUNT(Inbound calls)
Check the box Clear used metrics, and then click Apply.
In the Chart configuration menu, click Display format and select % for the metric created in Percentage of abandoned calls in queue within 20 sec.
Make sure the visualization type is either Auto or KPI, then save the report.
Great article! I have more of a question. How do I change the calculation so I get the number of abandoned calls within 20 seconds?
Hi Liz, you can get the number (instead of the percentage) by following the recipe only through step 7.
Hi, will this recipe also apply to Talk Partner Edition?
Hi Andre Lee!
Not at the moment. But the team is making plans to address this in 2022 but no tentative date yet since this would be dependent on many factors. One of them being that they are 3rd party vendors.
This is very helpful. Is there also a way to adjust this recipe to get an average time that calls are abandoned over a specific time period? (Last week, last month, etc.)
Hi Saren Black, you should be able to get a report like that by using the following two metrics:
You can then add an attribute filter of Call - Date and click Edit date ranges to select whatever time range you'd like to see.
Please sign in to leave a comment.