How do I add images into the body of a ticket rather than as attachments?
Firstly, choose which kind of formatting option you want your agents to use. To choose between Rich content and Markdown, follow the instructions in this article: Enabling formatting options for agents.
To add inline images using Rich content
- Drag the image into the comment body. Then drop into the box Drop images inline with text.
- Copy and paste the image into the comment body.
To add inline images using Markdown
- Identify the source URL of the image. You can attach to the ticket and reference the link address (right-click attachment and select Save Link Address) or host images on a third-party site and save the image address. Then, in line with where you want to display the image, enter
![alt-text if image link breaks](image URL).
- The drag and drop method is not supported for the following sources: PDF, Command Prompt, Sublime, Apple Pages, OneNote, Evernote, and Pinterest.
- The copy and paste method is supported in the following sources: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.
- Attachments cannot be added to tickets using the bulk ticket editor. Inline images can only be added in bulk through copying and pasting the HTML fragment containing images with a real remote URL.
- For channels that only support plain text like Chat, SMS, and messaging, the editor can contain text only. Images can be included using plain text editor as external attachments.