What is the difference between Support business hours and Chat operating hours? Are they the same set of hours?
Business hours within Support and the operating hours within Chat are distinct sets of schedules that do not interact with one another.
Support business hours
- They specify what hours of the day your business is open.
- They can be used in business rules.
- They can be used to define different greetings for your Talk channel.
- They can be used as the hour set for calculating time-based metrics in Explore.
For more information on business hours, see the article: Setting your schedule with business hours and holidays.
Chat operating hours
Operating hours are found through Settings > Account > Operating Hours.
- They can be set on a daily or weekday and weekend basis and at 15-minute intervals.
- They determine when your chat agents will appear online or invisible.
- They will display on the chat widget, so your customers know when you are available for chat support.
- They don't allow you to set holidays like in Support schedules.
For more information on operating hours, see the article: Creating a schedule with operating hours.