Check out what's new in the last month:
Also don't miss:
- Simplified email threading provides a more conversational experience for your end users and agents in modern email applications such as Gmail. It removes redundant messages to make conversations easier to follow and more productive for both end users and agents. It's enabled by default for all new customers. Existing customers can implement it if they want. See Understanding simplified email threading.
- Ticket views include an updated interface for managing tickets in bulk. You’ll see a new toolbar in the ticket views interface to help you take action on multiple tickets at the same time. See Managing tickets in bulk.
- New instructions on how to set up a sales CRM in your account are available in the Zendesk Suite trial task wizard. You'll see the new sales CRM task If you trial an account with both support and sales capabilities. See Introducing Zendesk Suite trial tasks.
The search crawler lets you implement Federated Search in your help center without the use of developer resources. You can set up multiple crawlers in your help center search settings to crawl and index different content in the same or different websites.
When users perform a search, relevant external content discovered by the crawler is ranked and presented on the search results page. See About Zendesk Federated Search and Setting up the search crawler.
- Zendesk now scans file attachments on tickets for malware in Support and Zendesk Suite. In some cases, malicious attachments are labeled with a warning and admins can evaluate and manage access to the attachments; in other cases, malicious attachments are hidden from users. See Managing malicious attachments.
- A custom agent role can now include permissions to manage only automations instead of all business rules. See Creating custom roles and assigning agents.
- Zendesk will alert you when you’re adding team members and you use the last seat in your self-service account. This gives you time to buy more agent seats before you run out. Previously, this feature was only available to eligible sales-assisted accounts. See Adding agent seats when the last seat is used.
Improved bot-building experience. Admins can now create separate answers the bot can use to address individual customer topics. When a customer requests assistance, the bot goes to work by matching and delivering relevant answers to customer questions before an agent gets involved. This new experience also allows admins to train their bot by adding common phrases customers may use to describe their intent to ensure the bot matches incoming questions to the right answer. See Comparing the bot building experiences for a roundup of the differences between the changes, and Building a bot using answers for information on working with the new features.
- Web Widget now supports custom launchers within the messaging experience. The new Custom launcher option allows users to decide where the Web Widget is triggered from on their website (whether that be from an image or navigational item) and use our simple APIs to open (& close) the widget (plus show any unread message notifications), as needed. See Configuring the widget launcher.
You can now create Support tickets directly in a Slack Connect channel. Slack Connect lets you interact with people outside your company. Both external and internal users in the channel can create tickets by using the @zendesk mention. See Creating tickets in a Slack Connect channel.