In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create a report that shows the average number of tickets per organization.
What you'll need
Skill level: Beginner
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving users access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the Reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then select Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Tickets and Users and organizations > Organizations and select Apply.
- Click the Organizations metric you just added and change the aggregator to D_COUNT.
- In the right sidebar, click the Result manipulation () menu.
- Select Result metric calculation, then Add new metric.
- In the Name field, give your metric a name like Tickets by org.
- In the Formula field, enter or paste the following formula to display tickets by organization:
Count(Tickets) / D_Count(Organizations)
- Click Add, then click anywhere outside of the open menu.
- Click the Visualization type () menu and select Table.
For more information, see the article: Reporting on user and organization data with Explore.
This report is giving an inaccurate organization count. I added a filter for Ticket Organization Status and selected Active only. That did reduce the count slightly but it's still higher than it should be. When I drill in I am seeing Inactive organizations included in the list. How do I get rid of the inactive ones? Also, is there a way to create a bar graph for the tickets created by month with a trend line showing the average created by organization? I am looking to see the trend to identify customers creating more tickets per month than the average.
We'll continue to assist you on the ticket you raised with us. Please check your email for updates. Thanks!
Please sign in to leave a comment.