Can I add a tag to a user with a trigger action? How can I check if a user tag was added by a trigger?
User tags cannot be directly added to a user's profile using a trigger action, but you can create a custom workflow using the Requester: custom user field. See the steps below to create this workflow.
Create a custom user field
- Create a custom user field and select the drop-down field type.
- Add the user field values along with the associated tags that the trigger will apply. In this example, we will be adding the user tag
- Click Save.
Create a trigger
- Create a trigger and apply the conditions to which the user tag should be applied.
- Under Actions, apply the following:
Requester: Custom user field name | tag_value
- Click Save.
The trigger will add the
vip tag to the user and any subsequent tickets from that user.
Verify if a user tag was added by a trigger
Use the steps below to verify if a user tag has been added by a trigger.
- Locate the custom user field ID that includes the user tag value. This will appear in Admin Center when the user field setting is selected.
- Locate the user field's value ID that applied the tag by using the following API endpoint. Enter your subdomain and the user field ID found in Step 1.
- Enter your subdomain using the following trigger API endpoint:
- Search for the user field value ID from Step 2 in the active trigger list. The trigger or triggers name that includes the custom user field value and the tag will be listed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.