Tymeshift automations are a tool designed to streamline repetitive tasks. Automations allow you to manage certain agent activities automatically, such as ending agents' days when they forget to clock out.
Similar to Zendesk automations, Tymeshift automations perform an action when the conditions you define are met. By using automations, you can reduce your manual workload and increase your efficiency and accuracy.
This article contains the following sections:
About Tymeshift automations and how they work
Similar to Zendesk automations, Tymeshift automations perform actions when the conditions you define are met. Tymeshift automations are focused on managing agent activity. Some uses for automations include:
- Correcting the time recorded if agents forget to clock out for the day.
- Moving agents from a task or workstream to a general task or untracked time.
By setting up automations, managers are freed up from performing the repetitive tasks related to correcting agent timesheets.
Structure of Tymeshift automations
Tymeshift automations have a set structure. You can think of the structure as an if statement. For example:
If an agent is [Clocked in] to [task] for over [20m] then [clock out agent]
The structure of a Tymeshift automation consists of:
- A trigger, which is the event that determines when the automation activates. Currently, Tymeshift automation triggers are set to the Clock in event and can't be changed.
- One or more tasks that the trigger is related to. This can be any of your workstreams or general tasks.
- A set duration, which measures how long the event must occur before the automation activates.
- The actions that the automation will perform. Choose from predefined actions, such as clocking out an agent and ending their day.
- A list of agents that the automation applies to. Automations can apply to all agents in an account or only specified agents.
How Tymeshift automations work
Like Zendesk automations, Tymeshift automations perform actions when the defined conditions are met. The conditions of a Tymeshift automation consist of the defined trigger, task, and duration time.
When the conditions are met, the defined action is performed for the specified agents.