Tymeshift automations allow you to manage certain agent activities automatically, such as ending agents' days when they forget to clock out. You can create multiple automations in your account to manage and perform actions for different types of agent activity. When you create automations, they can apply to all agents in your account or to only specific agents or teams.
This article contains the following sections:
Creating an automation
You must have admin permission to create an automation. Make sure you understand how automations work before you start creating them. See About Tymeshift automations and how they work.
To create a Tymeshift automation
- Hover over the admin icon, then select Automations.
- Click the plus sign (+) icon in the upper-right.
- Enter a unique Automation name.
Note: The trigger is set to the Clock in event by default and currently can't be changed.
- Click in the Tasks field and select one or more tasks or workstreams.
You can select any of your tasks, general tasks, or workstreams.
- In the Duration field, set how long the agent must be clocked into a task or workstream for the automation to run.
- Select the Actions to perform. You can select the actions from a predefined list.
- If you selected to shift a user to a general task, select the task from the General task menu that appears.
- Click the Agents tab, then select which agents the automation applies to. You can apply the automation to all agents in your account or specify certain agents.
- Click Add automation.