When saving field mappings to enable the field syncing, the Zendesk Support for Jira add-on registers a Jira webhook. The webhook is designed to be triggered whenever a linked issue is updated, moved, or deleted by a user to inform the integration that data has changed and syncing could be required. This webhook is registered automatically in Jira Server.
Unfortunately, Jira Cloud does not automatically create webhooks by third party add-ons like Zendesk Support for Jira. Jira administrators must manually create a webhook for field syncing to work properly.
- Using the JIRA field syncing feature
- Setting up Zendesk Support for JIRA integration
- Using the Zendesk for JIRA integration
To configure a Jira webhook
- Log into Jira as an administrator, and in the top navigation bar, select Apps > Manage your apps.
- Select Zendesk Support for JIRA in the accordion, and click Configure.
- Select Field Mapping in the left navigation pane, then click Copy webhook URL to clipboard.
- Navigate to the Settings cog icon, and under Jira Settings, click Systems.
- Select Advanced > WebHooks in the left navigation menu.
- Click Create a WebHook in the upper-right of the screen.
- Enter the following information:
- Name: Enter (Zendesk add-on) Sync with Zendesk on issue update (do not change) - V2
- Status: Select Enabled
- URL: Enter your WebHook URL that you previously copied in Step 3. We have provided a convenient mechanism to get the WebHook URL with all placeholders replaced with the correct values for your Zendesk account.
- Events: labels = jira_escalated
- Issue: Select updated and deleted
- Exclude body: Do not select this option.
- Click Save. The WebHooks page displays the webhook details: