You can insert videos in the body of your Help Center knowledge base articles. Your videos must be hosted on a third-party video hosting service. If you prefer not to host your videos on a public service, refer to Embed videos in two easy steps using video.js for another solution. Also, check out this tip for Embedding videos and other assets.
If you are using Web Widget on your website or Help Center, your end-users can stream videos in your Help Center articles directly in the Web Widget. To display correctly in the Web Widget, videos must be publicly available, and hosted on one of the following third-party services:
To insert video in an article
- Ensure the preference to allow unsafe HTML in pages (see Allowing unsafe HTML in pages) is enabled. This is a one-time task.
The Help Center considers portions of the embed code for videos as potentially unsafe. If you don't allow unsafe HTML, the Help Center may serve the page without all the necessary embed code.
- Obtain the embed code for your video and copy it into your computer's Clipboard.
- In Help Center, navigate to your article, then click Edit article.
- Click the Source code button on the editor's toolbar.
- Paste the video's embed code in the article's HTML.
- Click Update.