This article discusses the following topics related to managing your ticket fields:
You can perform all these tasks on the Ticket fields page. To access this page, go to Admin () > Manage > Ticket Fields.
Deleting ticket fields
You can delete any custom ticket fields created by you. However, system ticket fields cannot be deleted, and those created via business rules can only be deleted by editing the business rule.
To delete a custom ticket field
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Manage > Ticket Fields.
- Locate the ticket field you want to delete.
- Click edit, to the right of the field.
- scroll to the bottom of the ticket field details screen and click the Delete button.
- When asked to confirm the deletion, click OK.
Deactivating and reactivating ticket fields
If you want to temporarily remove a custom field created by you from a ticket, you can deactivate it. Deactivated fields can be reactivated when needed.
System ticket fields, and those created via business rules, cannot be deactivated.
To deactivate a custom ticket field
- On the Ticket fields page, locate the ticket field you want to deactivate.
- Hover your cursor over the ticket field to display the deactivate option on the right.
- Click deactivate. The ticket field is moved to the Inactive fields list at the bottom of the page.
To reactivate a custom ticket field
- On the Ticket fields page, locate the ticket field you want to reactivate in the Inactive fields list at the bottom of the page.
- Hover your cursor over the ticket field to display the activate option on the right.
- Click activate. The ticket field is moved to the Active fields list at the top of the page.
Reordering ticket fields
You can change the order of the ticket fields, as they appear in the bulk ticket edit window, and on the end-user ticket form.
To reorder ticket fields
- On the Ticket fields page, click Reorder at the bottom of the Active fields list.
- Drag the fields into position.
- Click Done.
Editing ticket fields
Not all ticket fields can be edited. Ticket fields with any editable information have the edit option displayed on the right.
To edit a ticket field
- On the Ticket fields page, locate the field you want to edit.
- Click edit.
- Update the options as needed. Non-editable options will display an icon indicating that they cannot be changed:
- Click Update field.