This article discusses the following topics related to managing your ticket fields:
For an overview of ticket fields and how they work, see About ticket fields
For information about the Ticket Fields edit page, and the actions you can perform there, see Working with ticket fields.
- For information on creating ticket fields, see Adding custom fields to your tickets and support request forms
The Ticket Fields admin page
All ticket field-related management tasks happen on the Ticket Fields page.
To access the Ticket Fields page
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Manage > Ticket Fields.
From here, you can browse, sort, search, and filter your ticket fields. You can also export ticket fields.
Browsing the ticket fields list
Ticket fields are divided by activation status. The default view on the Ticket Fields page is the list of Active fields. You can view fields that have been deactivated by clicking the Inactive tab. For more information on activation status, see Deactivating and reactivating ticket fields and Deleting ticket fields.
By default, ticket fields are listed in the order they were created. If you have a large number of fields, the list will be paginated. You can scroll through the pages using the controls at the bottom of the page:
Searching the ticket fields list
You can search your list of ticket fields by entering a search value into the search box at the top of the page:
- Titles, the name given to each ticket field, including partial titles
- Field IDs, unique numeric identifiers given to each ticket field, including partial ID numbers
- Ticket field values, The values created in a drop-down or multi-select field.
Modifying and sorting on columns
You can customize the information displayed on the Ticket Fields page by adding columns to, and removing columns from, the fields list.
Initially, there are four default columns applied to the fields list: Title, Field ID, Type, and Date modified.
The following columns may be available for inclusion in the fields list:
- Active forms, the number of forms a ticket field appears on. You can hover over the number to view a list of the forms using that field.
Note: This column is only available to customers on the Professional + Add-on and Enterprise plans.
- Field ID, unique numeric identifiers given to each ticket field, including partial ID numbers
- Type, the ticket field’s format (Drop-down, multi-select, numeric, and the like).
- Created by, the admin who created the field.
- Date created, the date the field was created.
- Date modified, when the field was last edited.
- Permissions, including:
- Editable for end-users
- Visible for end-users
- Required for agents
- Required for end-users
When displayed, the permissions options applied to the field are indicated by a check mark.
To add a column to the ticket field list
- On the Ticket Fields admin page, click the options icon () in the upper right to display the list of available columns. Columns currently applied to the list are indicated by a blue check mark.
- Click the column(s) you want to apply to the ticket fields list. The column is immediately applied to the list.
To remove a column from the ticket field list
- On the Ticket Fields admin page, click the options icon () to display the list of available columns. Columns currently applied to the list are indicated by a blue check mark.
- Click the column(s) you want to remove from the ticket fields list. The column is immediately removed from the list.
To sort your ticket fields by column
- Click the name of the column you want to use to sort your ticket field list. The list is reorganized based on the information in that column.
- Click the column name again to reset the sort order.
Filtering the ticket fields list
The Filters drop-down, located next to the Search box, allows you to display only those ticket fields that meet certain criteria, including:
- Permissions, including Agents only, Read-only for end-users, and Editable for end users
- Requirement settings, including Required for agents, and Required for end-users.
- Field type, the ticket field’s format (Drop-down, multi-select, numeric, and the like)
Creation source, including Created by app, Created by admin, and Created by system
You can apply multiple filters to the list. If you use more than one filter, they are applied as an OR statement - that is, choosing the Type > text and Created by app filters will display all text-type ticket fields, regardless of their creator, as well as all fields created by an app, regardless of their field type.
To apply filters to the ticket field list
- Click the Filters drop-down menu. Currently-applied fields are indicated in the drop-down list by a blue check mark, and are displayed below the search box:
- Click the filters you want to apply to the ticket field list. The filters are applied immediately.
To clear individual filters applied to the ticket field list
- Click the x by the label name under the search box.
To clear all filters applied to the ticket field list
- Click the Filters drop-down menu, and select Clear filters.