All tickets submitted through the Web Widget include the URL for the page the user was on when the ticket was sent. Administrators can use triggers to add custom tags, agent assignments, and other actions to these tickets, based on the originating page, to streamline your ticket workflow.
For general information on triggers, see Triggers resources.
For example, let's say you are the administrator for a health care website, and you want to add the tag "peanut_allergies" to any tickets submitted through the Web Widget from a Help Center article about managing peanut allergies.
To add a custom tag to a ticket based on its originating page
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, and click Triggers.
- On the Triggers page, click Add trigger.
- Enter a descriptive title for your trigger.
- In the section Meet all of the following conditions: use the drop-down menus to select the following options:
- Ticket: Channel
Click the [plus] and add another condition with the following options:
- Ticket: Comment text...
- Contains the following string
- In the text entry box: Enter the URL of the page you want to trigger the custom tag.
- In the section Perform these actions: select the following options:
- In the drop-down menu: Ticket: Add tags
- In the text entry box: Enter the text of the tag you want applied to the ticket (for example, peanut_allergies).
- At the bottom of the page, click Create trigger.