If you have installed the Knowledge Capture app, agents can use the app in the Support agent interface to create new articles using pre-defined templates. If a template does not exist, agents will not be able to create articles using the Knowledge Capture app.
To create an article
- Ensure that the Knowledge Capture app is open, then open a new or existing ticket.
- Click Create Knowledge in the Knowledge Capture app.
- If you have multiple brands, click the drop-down menu to select a Help Center.
- Select a template from the list.
If you have not created any templates, you need to set up a template first (see Creating templates for the Knowledge Capture app).
- Add content to the Body of the article, according to the headings in the template, and update the Title.
- Change the article's status and section, if necessary, depending on your workflow for new knowledge.
You can add content only to sections you have permission to manage. For information about setting permissions, see Setting content viewing and editing access for agents.
- Make any other changes you need to in the article's sidebar.
The author is automatically updated to be the author. The
KCTemplatelabel is automatically removed.
- Click Create.
The article is created and published to the section you chose. The article is a duplicate of the template; it does not overwrite the template. The new article does not retain the