The Sidebar Search app helps agents solve tickets more efficiently by letting them search your Zendesk without leaving the ticket page. While working on a ticket, an agent can use the app to search for tickets, comments, users, or organizations in your Zendesk.
In the following example, the agent received a support request about returning a pair of shoes and searched for tickets with the terms "return" and "order".
To install the Sidebar Search app
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar then select Apps > Marketplace.
- Find the Sidebar Search app, then click the title.
- On the app details page, click the Install App button on the upper-right side of the page.
- Configure the following items:
- Title: Required. Enter a title or accept the default title.
- Custom Field IDs: Optional. If you want the app to suggest the value of custom ticket fields, specify their IDs separated by commas.
- Show Keywords from Subject as Search Suggestion: Optional. Select this option if you want the app to suggest keywords based on the ticket's subject.
- Click Install.
Once installed, refresh your browser page for the changes to take effect.
To use the Sidebar Search app
- Display the Sidebar Search app on the ticket page by clicking the Apps button on the upper-right side of the page.
- Use the Search for: drop-down menu to define a basic search and press enter.
Optionally, click Advanced to define a filter based on ticket status, dates the ticket was created or updated, or ticket assignee.
- Click a search result to open the page in a separate browser tab.