The upcoming Channel Integration framework allows you to turn almost any app or website into a channel, through which you can communicate with your users.
As a precursor to the release of the Channel Integration tool, Zendesk has built an integration to transform Google Play Store reviews into Zendesk Support tickets, allowing Google Play developers to respond to reviews through the Zendesk Support platform.
This article includes the following sections:
For general information on channels, see About Zendesk Support channels.
Installing the Zendesk Google Play integration
To use the Google Play integration, you'll need to install the app from Zendesk's App Marketplace.
To install the Google Play integration
- Open the Zendesk Apps Marketplace.
- Locate and click the Google Play Reviews icon. If you do not see the icon, contact Max McCal at email@example.com
- Read the Overview, then click the Install app button in the upper right.
- Click the Install button.
The integration is added to your Channel Integrations page. Click Channels > Channel Integrations to access it.
Setting up your Google Play app and account
After you have installed the Google Play integration, you'll need the following to connect it to Zendesk Support:
Once your app is published, you need to:
- Configure the app and your account
- Upload the json file provided
This section includes basic instructions on performing these tasks. For more detailed instructions, see the support tip Channel Integrations: Set up the google Developer console for the Google Play integration.
To configure your Google Play app
- Log in to the Google Play Publish page.
- Click the Cog in the left sidebar, then click API Access.
- Click the Create new project button to enable your API and link it to the Google API console.
- Click the Create Service Account button, and follow the instructions provided in the modal, using a json key type.
- When the json file is finished downloading, return to the Google Play publish page and click Done on the modal.
To configure your Service Account
- On the Google Play Publish page, click the Grant Access button in your new Service Account.
- Select the Reply to reviews permission for your app.
- Click the Add User button.
Completing your Google Play integration
Now that you have your Google Play app and account configured, you can return to your Zendesk Support admin page and finish configuring your integration.
To configure your Google Play integration
- Open the Channel Integration page, and click on the Google Play integration link.
- At the bottom of the page, click Add account.
- Give your account a name, and enter the app ID.
- Upload the json file downloaded when you created your Service Account.