Zendesk has built an integration to transform Google Play Store reviews into Zendesk Support tickets, allowing Google Play developers to respond to reviews through the Zendesk Support platform.
The Zendesk Google Play integration can fetch up to 200 reviews every two minutes (or 6,000 per hour). If your Play Store app receives more than 200 reviews in a two minute window, only the first 200 are fetched. Moreover, agents can reply 500 times per day by default. This is due to limitations in the Google Play Store API.
When responding to a Google Play review, the character reply limit is 350 characters. If that limit is exceeded, we will automatically truncate the message at 350 characters.
This article includes the following sections:
For general information on channels, see About Zendesk Support channels.
Installing the Zendesk Google Play integration
To use the Google Play integration, you'll need to install the app from the Zendesk Marketplace.
To install the Google Play integration
- Click Support Admin (), then select Apps > Marketplace.
- Locate and click the Google Play Reviews icon. If you do not see the icon, contact our customer service team at email@example.com.
- Read the overview, then click the Install app button in the upper right.
- Click Install. The integration is added to your Channel Integrations page.
Setting up your Google Play app and account
After you have installed the Google Play integration, you'll need the following to connect it to Zendesk Support:
Once your app is published, you need to:
- Configure the app and your account
- Upload the JSON file provided
This section includes basic instructions on performing these tasks. For more detailed instructions, see the support tip Channel Integrations: Set up the google Developer console for the Google Play integration.
To configure your Google Play app
- Log in to the Google Play Publish page.
- Click the Cog in the left sidebar, then click API Access.
- Click the Create new project button to enable your API and link it to the Google API console.
- Click the Create Service Account button, and follow the instructions provided in the modal, using a JSON key type.
- When the JSON file is downloaded, return to the Google Play publish page and click Done on the modal.
To configure your service account
- On the Google Play Publish page, click the Grant Access button in your new Service Account.
- Select the Reply to reviews permission for your app.
- Click the Add User button.
Completing your Google Play integration
Now that you have your Google Play app and account configured, you can return to your Zendesk Support admin page and finish configuring your integration.
To configure your Google Play integration
- Click the Support Admin (), then select Channel > Channel Integrations.
- Click on the Google Play integration link.
- Select the Accounts tab, and click Add account.
- Create an app name, and enter the app ID.
- Upload the JSON file downloaded when you created your service account.
- Select the Import recent reviews checkbox to import the 100 most recent Google Play reviews and associated developer replies. The imported reviews is based on when a Google Play review was last modified, not when there was a developer reply.