My app doesn't work as expected. What are some basic steps I can follow to troubleshoot this issue?
If you experience any issues with the apps installed in your account, follow the tips listed below to identify the cause and help resolve the problem.
- Disable support apps for all agents or add ?noapps to the end of the URL of the ticket where the issue persists.
This helps in identifying if the apps on your Zendesk account are interfering with your account. If an app prevents you from using your account, contact the app's developer for further support. For information about troubleshooting the Apps framework, see Debugging the Zendesk Apps framework (ZAF).
- You can test with individual apps enabled or disabled as well using the above method. Ending the URL with ?noapps=54321 (with the number indicating the installation ID of the app) tests with just that app disabled, while ending the URL with ?app_ids=54321 tests with just the that app enabled.
- Open Support in an incognito or private browser and check if the issue persists. If the issue disappears on the incognito mode, clear the cache and cookies of your browser.
- If the issue happens to some agents only, check the roles and permissions of your agents.
- Capture any error message happening in the browser console. For more information, see Debugging the Zendesk Apps framework (ZAF).
If none of these steps helped in resolving the problem, contact the Zendesk support team and include the following information in your message:
- Information about when the issue started, if it is an intermittent issue and for how long was the app working without any problem.
- An HAR file of the unexpected behavior.
- The troubleshooting steps performed from the list above.