You must be an administrator to update your installed apps.
Managing app location and order
App placement is determined by the app's developer. When you install apps in your Zendesk, they can appear in a number of different locations.
- Top Navigation, along the top of the Zendesk Support screen.
- Main Navigation, down the left side of the Zendesk Support screen.
- Ticket, in the body of an existing ticket, when the Apps panel is open.
- New Ticket, in the body of a ticket being created, when the Apps panel is open.
- User Profile, on the profile page of a selected user, when the Apps panel is open.
- Organization Profile, on the profile page of a selected organization, when the Apps panel is open.
Within each of these locations, you can update the order in which the apps appear.
To see the apps in a location
- On the My apps page, click the Reorder apps
button on the top right.
The Reorder apps page appears.
- Click any of the items under Location to see which apps are there. The available locations depend on where you currently have apps in Zendesk Support. You can select only locations where you have apps.
From here, you can change the order of your apps.
To reorder your apps in a location
- On the My apps page, click the Reorder apps button on the top right.
- Click the location in which you want to change the app order.
- Drag and drop an app into a new position.
The new order is automatically saved after you move the app.
- Repeat to reposition the other apps in the list.
If you are reordering apps with group or role restrictions, they will show only if you are a part of that group or role.
If you're working with contextual workspaces, the apps order you set on the contextual workspace Apps tab takes priority over the order you set for tickets on the My apps page. If the ordering you set on the My apps page doesn't work as expected, check to to see if there's a contextual workspace associated with the ticket form.
Changing app settings
You can change the settings for an app, including the title.
- On the My Apps page, find the app you want to change.
- Click the options menu on the app you where you want to change settings, then select Change settings.
- Make the changes you want, then click Update at
the bottom of the page.
Your changes are saved.
Restricting app access
You can restrict access to an app so that only agents in the groups or roles you list can access it.
To restrict access to an app
- On the My Apps page, find the app you want to restrict.
- Click the options menu on the app you want to restrict, then select Change settings.
- Enable Role restrictions, Group restrictions, or
both, and then enter the names of the groups or roles that
you want to be able to access the app.
No other agents will be able to access the app.
- Make the changes you want, then click Update at the
bottom of the page.
Your changes are saved.
Disabling your apps
You can disable apps installed in Zendesk at any time. When you enable or disable an app, it's enabled or disabled for all agents in your Zendesk.
If you want to permanently remove an app, you can uninstall it instead.
- On the My Apps page, click the options menu on the app you want to disable, then click the Enabled toggle to disable the app.
The disabled app appears in the Disabled Apps section of the My Apps page and can be re-enabled.
- On the My Apps page, click the options menu on the app you want to enable, then click the Disabled toggle to enable the app.
The enabled app appears in the Installed Apps section of the page.
Uninstalling an app
You can uninstall an app that you no longer need. Uninstalling an app removes it from Zendesk for all agents.
If you want to temporarily remove an app, you can disable it as described above, then enable it when you're ready to use it again. You can uninstall both enabled and disabled apps as outlined below.
To uninstall an app
- On the My Apps page, find the app you want to uninstall.
- Click the options menu on the app, then select Uninstall.
- In the Uninstall App window, click Uninstall App.
Contacting an app's developer
As apps are tweaked and improved, updates may become available for them. Apps are updated to their latest versions automatically. If you have a question about an app you can contact the app developer directly.
- On the My Apps page, click the options menu on the app, then select Developer website.
Managing private apps
Private apps are apps that have been built by your company and uploaded into Support. They are not listed on the public Zendesk Marketplace and cannot be installed and used by other Zendesk customers. For more information on private apps, see Build your first Support app and Build your first Chat app.
Once you build an app, you can upload it into Zendesk Support.
- On the My Apps page, click the Upload private app button in the upper right of the page.
- Give your app a name.
- Select the zipped app you want to install.
- Click the Upload button.
- On the install screen, follow the instructions to install the app.
To update a private app
- On the My Apps page, find the app you want to update.
- Click the options menu on the app, then select Update.
- Upload your updated zip file.
To download a private app
- On the My Apps page, find the app you want to enable.
- Click the options menu on the app, then select Download.
- Download the ZIP file containing all the assets for your app