You can reorder all the articles in a section, all the sections in a category, and all the categories in the Help Center. You can move articles, sections, and categories manually, and you can sort articles in a section automatically, by date or alphabetically.
Topics covered in this article:
Manually changing the order of articles, sections, and categories
You can manually change the order of the articles, sections, and categories in your knowledge base.
To manually reorder articles, sections, or categories
- In Guide, click the Arrange content () icon in the sidebar, then click Arrange articles.
- Click the expander icon (>) on the left side to show or hide the content levels as needed.
- Click an item and drag it to another place in the order.
You can select more than one item at one time, then drag them into position.
You cannot reorder articles in sections where the Order articles by option for the section is set to creation date or alphabetically. The Order articles by option for the section must be set manual.
- Click Save when you're finished.
Sorting articles in a section
In addition to manually reordering articles as described in the section above, you can sort articles in a section automatically. For example, you can set articles to appear by date or alphabetically.
To sort articles in a section
- In Help Center, navigate to the section then click Edit section in the top menu bar.
Alternatively, in Guide Admin, click the Arrange content () icon in the sidebar, then click the title of the section to open it in edit mode.
- Select an option in the Order articles by field.
- Click Update.