To provide better, faster, and more personalized responses to customers, you can view customer context in a ticket. Customer context includes:
- An essentials card with details about the ticket requester, including contact information, time zone, and language.
- An interaction history with a list of the last 10 tickets submitted by the requester (or other related events). You can use this to better understand what the requester needed help with recently.
- In a ticket, click the customer context tab () on the upper-left side of the ticket properties panel.
Note: Tickets open with ticket properties showing, unless customer context is set as the default.
- Click the notes icon () if you want to add notes to the essentials card, or click the edit icon () to update the requester's profile.
When you add notes, the information becomes part of the requester's profile. They aren't just notes associated with the ticket.
- Hover over the title of any ticket in the interaction history to see a preview, or click the ticket title to open the ticket.
If the list of interactions is long (more than 10), you can click the View all link at the bottom of the interaction history to see a complete list of interactions. Archived tickets do not appear in the list. For information about how to view archived tickets, see About ticket archiving.
You can use the following keyboard shortcuts to toggle between the ticket properties panel and the customer context panel.
- On Mac: control + option + ,
- On Windows: Ctrl + Alt + ,
- On Mac: control + option + .
- On Windows: Ctrl + Alt + .