Use this article to help you answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Zendesk Explore.
If there's a question you'd like to see on this page, tell us in the comments below. However, if your question is urgent, contact us using any of the normal channels.
This article contains the following topics:
- What is Zendesk Explore?
Explore is analytics and reporting for your Zendesk business data. It helps you understand your business, your agents, and your customers. A great starting point to learn about Explore is at the Zendesk web site.
- Is Explore a replacement for Insights?
Explore has replaced Insights as the latest generation of software for analyzing data from Zendesk’s suite of products.
- How do I find Explore?
You'll see the Explore icon in the product tray, or the Explore tab in the Reporting menu.
- When will Insights go away?
- How can I find out when new Explore updates are coming out?
Keep an eye on our announcements and you'll be the first to know when we update Explore.
- Which web browsers does Explore support?
Explore supports the last two major versions of the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
No versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer are supported.
- Is Explore HIPAA compliant?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a set of rules and regulations designed to protect the privacy and security of individuals’ personal health information (PHI). Explore can be configured to be compliant with the HIPAA rules and regulations pertaining to Business Associates. For details, see HIPAA considerations when using Zendesk Explore.
Activation and billing
- Is there a trial? Can I take Explore for a spin before I buy it?
Explore is included with all versions of the Zendesk Suite. The reporting and analytics capabilities vary depending on the Suite plan you choose. For details, see our pricing page.
- I'm a Zendesk Support standalone customer. Do I get Explore?
Yes. If you have purchased Support Professional or Enterprise after November 13th 2018, you automatically get a free 14 day trial of Explore Professional. During or after the trial, you can either sign up for Explore Professional or Enterprise (for a cost), or use the free Lite version of Explore.
- How long is left in my Explore Professional 14-day trial?
You can see details of all of your Zendesk subscriptions in the Settings > Subscription menu in Support. Additionally, the remaining trial period is shown on the top bar of the Explore console.
- How many Explore seats do I need to purchase?
You need to purchase the same number of Explore seats as you have Zendesk Support agent seats.
Upgrading from Insights
- What are the differences between Explore and Insights? Explore Lite and Explore Professional?
Read Comparing Explore versions to get a great comparison between Explore Lite, Explore Professional, Explore Enterprise, and Insights.
- There seem to be different options for reporting with Zendesk. How do I know which one to use?
Read Understanding your reporting options to see what's available with the plan that you're on.
- I activated Explore and now some tabs are missing from the built-in reporting page. What happened?
After you move to Explore, the Overview, Leaderboard, and Satisfaction tabs are removed from the built-in reporting page. You can use Explore pre-built dashboards for those reports. The Knowledge Base and Search tabs (for Guide), and the Community tab (for Gather) are not powered by Insights and won't be removed.