If you use WordPress, follow one of the sets of steps below to add the Zendesk Chat widget to your site.
To add the Zendesk Chat widget via plugins
- Click Plugins > Add New.
- Search for the Zendesk Chat app and click Install Now.
- After the plugin is installed, click Activate.
- Select Zendesk Chat from the menu on the left-hand side. When prompted, enter the credentials for your Chat-only account. This is usually an email address and password, but if you have a Zendesk subdomain, provide your subdomain as you are either a Chat Phase 3 or Chat Phase 4 customer. If you don’t have a subdomain, leave the subdomain field blank as you are Legacy Chat customer.
- Click Link Up to complete the setup process.
To add the widget via the Appearance menu
- Select Appearance > Editor.
- Paste your Zendesk live chat script in the Footer section, between the <footer> and </footer> tags. Note:To find your embed code, see Adding the Chat widget to your website.
- Click Update File.