In Explore you can perform calculations on your results using one or both of the following methods:
- Result manipulations: Perform calculations on metrics and attributes you've already added to a query to change the results.
- Calculated metrics and attributes: Create entirely new metrics and attributes based on the built in metrics and attributes, formulas, and values.
This article contains the following topics:
You use the Result manipulation menu () to create simple calculations based on metrics or attributes you've already added to a query. Result manipulations are processed after your query runs. Examples of a result manipulation include calculating percentage differences, sorting or totaling your results, forecasting, and more.
Below are the available results manipulations:
- Sort results
- Top/bottom filter
- Metric filter
- Result path calculation
- Result metric calculation
- Hide part of your result
- Order of result manipulations
Calculated metrics and attributes
You create custom calculated metrics and attributes in the Calculations menu (). Calculated metrics and attributes are applied before your results are processed.
Below are the available calculated metrics and attributes:
- Standard calculated metric
- Date range calculated metric
- Time comparison calculated metric
- Fixed calculated metric