In this recipe, you'll create a chart that indicates which of your channels are the busiest during each hour of the day. You can filter this report to show results over any duration you want. Over time, this can be a useful report to help you understand where to direct your customer support efforts.
This article contains the following topics:
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the query
In this section, you'll add the metrics and attributes needed to create the chart.
To create the query
- Open a new query using the Zendesk Tickets dataset. For help, see Creating queries.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, expand Tickets, click Tickets, and then click Add.
Explore displays the total number of tickets in your account.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, expand Time - Ticket created, click Ticket created - Hour, and then click Apply.
Explore displays a list of all tickets showing the hour of the day in which they were created.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, expand Ticket, click Ticket channel, and then click Apply.
Explore now displays the Ticket channel picker next to the chart. You can select one of more channels to view on the chart, or click the Ticket channel heading to view all channels at once. To select multiple channels, hold down the Option key (Mac), or the Windows key (Windows) while you click the channels.
- To restrict the dates that you show information for, click the Ticket created - Hour attribute, click Edit date ranges, and then configure the date range you want. When you are finished, click Apply.
There are many ways in which you can modify this query to suit your needs. For example, if the result lines are close together, it might be difficult to tell them apart. In this case, it could be useful to add datatips to the query to identify the name of each channel. See Working with datatips.