When you create a dashboard in Zendesk Explore, by default only you can see it. In this article, you'll learn how to share dashboards with other agents, end users, and those who don't have a Zendesk account, and how to use the Publish command to keep the shared dashboards up-to-date.
This article contains the following topics:
When you share a dashboard with a user who has the viewer role, they can see, and interact with the dashboard. If you share the dashboard with a user who has the editor role, they will have full access to the dashboard.
Individual users, or users in groups you added will receive an email invitation to view your dashboard. You can also schedule shared dashboards to be delivered on a regular basis. See Scheduling dashboard deliveries for more information.
You can share a dashboard while it is open, and you are editing it, or directly from the dashboard library.
Sharing a dashboard
To share a dashboard
- Open the Share dashboard menu using one of the following methods:
From an open dashboard: From the Share drop-down list choose Share.
From a dashboard in preview mode: Click Share.
From the Dashboards library: Click Share from the settings () drop-down list to the right of your dashboard's name.
- From an open dashboard: From the Share drop-down list choose Share.
- The Share dashboard page opens.
- Choose one of the following procedures to share the dashboard:
Sharing dashboards with other agents
Use this procedure to share the dashboard with other agents or groups of agents who have a Zendesk account.
To share the dashboard with other agents
- From the Share dashboard page, choose the groups or users you want to share the dashboard with, and then click Invite. Only users and groups that have been added to Zendesk Support can be shared.
Tip: If you deselect any users or groups, the dashboard will no longer be shared with them.
- Click Invite.
The dashboard is shared with the selected users or groups and an email invitation is shared with them.
Sharing dashboards with end users (Explore Enterprise only)
In addition to sharing dashboards with agents, you can also share Explore dashboards with customers (or end users). You'll need to do a little extra work to enable this for each user.
For details, see Sharing dashboards with end users.
Sharing dashboards outside Zendesk (Explore Enterprise only)
If you want to share dashboards with users who don't have a Zendesk account, you can do this by generating and sharing a password-protected link to anyone, regardless of whether they have a Zendesk account.
For details, see Sharing Explore dashboards outside Zendesk.
When you publish a dashboard, this updates shared users with the latest version of it.
- In the Dashboards library, click the dashboard you want to publish. This must be a dashboard that you created, or cloned.
- Click Edit to put the dashboard into edit mode.
- In the dashboard, click Share, then click Publish. You can also click Preview to see what shared users will see in the dashboard.
The next time users look at the shared dashboard, they see the latest version.