The Advanced Search app is a tool for building complex search queries against tickets in Zendesk Support by using a form. The results are displayed in table form or can be exported as a CSV file. The app is available in the Zendesk Marketplace.
This article contains the following topics:
- Using the Advanced Search app
- Searching custom fields
- Exporting search results to CSV
- Release Notes
- Click Admin () in Zendesk Support, then select Apps > Marketplace. Enter "Advanced Search" in the search bar at the upper right of the page.
- Double-click on the Advanced Search app icon, and click Install.
- In the Installation section, enter a name for the Advanced Search, enable group and role restrictions if required. These configuration options are also available after installation by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage.
- On the app details page, click Install.
Using the Advanced Search app
Click on the Advanced Search icon on the left sidebar, and the full-page application opens in a tab:
You can search for all the fields displayed, including searching date fields using a "between" operator. Multiple search criteria can be used at the same time, and multiple criteria are joined using "AND." You can also choose which columns are displayed in the results.
Turning on group and organization names
By default searching tickets will return the group_id and org_id rather than the names. If you want to enable the display of the names then these 2 settings have to be enabled.
Note: If your account has a large amount of groups or orgs, you will want to wait for about 20 seconds after opening, before performing a search.
Searching custom fields
In Advanced Search version 2.0, custom fields can only be searched by keywords. For example, to search for the word "Platinum" across all custom fields, enter "Platinum" in the search box.
To search for multiple values across all custom fields, enter a space between each keyword or phrase. This example searches for "Standard" in one custom field and "Diamond" in another custom field. This also returns results if both keywords are in the same custom field.
Exporting search results to a CSV
Once a search is done, you have the ability to click into any of the results. The results can also be exported in CSV format by clicking the Download CSV.
Version 2.5.0 - 2021-07-29
- Made all of the Basic and Plus plan features available to the Free plan.
Version 2.3.3 - 2021-03-10
- Added an "is" and "not" search criteria for the tags field
- Ability to export up to 2,000 rows of users and orgs
- Default value of sort by is now created_at
- Added 2 settings to enable the Group and Org names to be displayed rather than the id's
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue with overlapping column header values
- Fixed an issue where 'Collaborators' field was not correctly shown in download file
- Fixed an issue where custom field names that include characters gave empty results (i.e. #)
- Fixed an issue where a null organization_id was causing the searching to fail and App to not load properly
Version 2.2.0 - 2020-05-28
- Added the ability to view and export up to 2,000 rows at a time
- Added query parameters to the top of the .CSV file when exporting results
- Bug Fixes
- In Safari browser data elements were sometimes appearing under the wrong column