The Attachment Manager app is available in the Zendesk Marketplace, and allows you to work with and manage ticket attachments. It combines the former Attachment Library, Attachment Restriction, Attachment Tagger (formerly Attachment Finder), and the Redact Attachments app into one sidebar experience. An agent can open and close these features using an accordion-style interface.
This article contains the following topics:
Installing the Attachment Manager app
To install the app
- Click Admin () in Zendesk Support, then select Apps > Marketplace. Enter "Attachment Manager" in the search bar at the upper right of the page. Or, simply follow the marketplace link above.
- Double-click on the Attachment Manager app icon, and click Install.
- In the installation section, enter a name for the app.
- Enter the tags to be added to existing tickets and new tickets with attachments.
- Specify any whitelist or blacklist options for allowing or blocking file extensions.
- Enable group and role restrictions if required.
- Click Install.
The app settings can be changed after installation by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage, and under the Currently installed tab, click the Attachment Manager app dropdown options, and select Change settings.
Using the Attachment Manager app
The Attachment Manager app is accessed in the ticket app sidebar when viewing tickets in Support. It contains three features: All attachments, Restricted attachments, and Library, formerly the Redact Attachments app, Attachment Restriction app, and Attachment Library app respectively.
The first item in the accordion list is All attachments, which shows the number of attachments within the current ticket. When opened, it allows the user to redact one or multiple attachments. A confirmation screen is shown to confirm the attachments to redact.
Note: Attachments cannot be retrieved once they have been redacted and will be replaced in the interface with an empty text file named "redacted.txt."
The Restricted attachments feature in the Attachment Manager app shows any attachments on a ticket that violate whitelist and blacklist rules for file extensions that you've specified in the app settings.
The menu bar shows the number of invalid attachments at the far right. You then have the option to redact one or more of the invalid attachments. This feature behaves the same way as the All attachments feature described above.
The Library feature allows you to manage attachments which includes the:
- Library tab to view attachments added to the library, and add one or more attachments to a ticket reply
- Ticket tab to view attachments in the current ticket. You have options to embed a link to the attachment, embed the image into the current reply, or add the attachments to the library.
- External tab allows you to add attachments from external web addresses. The web address must begin with https://