You can configure the Sell-Support integration to access support tickets in Sell, and to see Sell data from your Support interface. To learn more about the features of having a Sell-Support integration, see About integrating Sell and Support for an overview of customer communication in your company.
This article covers the following topics:
You will need to ensure the following is set up prior to your integration:
- You have a Sell account that is a Zendesk account (see Connecting your legacy Sell account to the Zendesk platform).
- Your Sell and Support accounts are on the same Zendesk subdomain.
- You have Support admin rights to install the Sell app in Support and grant Sell users permission to tickets, . Anyone with admin rights in Support can set up you Zendesk Sell-Support integration.
- You have Sell admin rights, so you can: enable tickets in Sell, set up access to Sell information in Support, and carry our any further configurations.
Setting up the Sell-Support integration
To enable the Sell-Support integration and add users to groups
- In Sell, click the Settings icon (), then go to Integrations > Integrations.
- Select the Zendesk Support integration, and click Enable.
- To right of View Support tickets in Sell, click Enable, then in the Support tickets in Sell dialog, click Enable..
- Click Add users to groups. This will take you to Support where you can enable users to access tickets (see Understanding ticket permissions for Sell users).
- (Optional) To drag the Tickets in Support widget to a more prominent position on your Lead, Contact, and Deal cards, go to Layouts and click Change location.
To install the Sell app in Support
- Go to View Sell information in Support, and click Learn more, or go directly to Zendesk Marketplace to install Sell App in Support:
- Click Install, then confirm or fill in your Support subdomain and click Install.
- Check if the app and installation details are correct, then click Install.
- Click the Zendesk Products icon () in the top bar, and click the Sell icon to return to Sell.
- To allow Support Agents to see the leads, contacts, and deals data in Support, and to ensure the Sales team can see leads that have been created in Support, continue on to further configuring the app.
Congratulations, you have now set up the integration between the Zendesk Sell app and Zendesk Support.
- Under Access to Sell information in Support, specify who can access leads, contacts, and deals in Support. Choose from:
- Only Sell users have access - this means that only Support agents who have access to Sell will see Sell information in Support. Specifically, they can only see Sell data in Support that they have access to in Sell.
- All agents have access - this means all Support agents (regardless of whether they have access to Sell), will see the data for Sell leads, contacts, and deals in the Sell app in Support.
To configure how Agents create leads
- In Assign Status, you can set the status of the lead that is assigned to a lead through the Sell app in Support. You can make changes to the default statuses under the Lead Status tab.
- In Assign Owner, you can select the Sell user, or distribution pool (if available), that will be assigned all leads that are created by the Sell app in Support. You can allocate the lead to any owner in your organization.
- In Assign Source, if you have lead sources set up for your account, you can select the lead source that is set when you create a lead from a Support ticket. You can also create a new lead source by entering the source name into input field of the dropdown menu.
To configure data that the Sell app displays in Support
Click Field Configuration at the bottom of the page (see Customizing the data fields displayed by the Zendesk Sell for Support app).