With Zendesk Talk, you can choose between using your web browser or your phone to place and receive calls.
This article contains the following sections:
Setting up your browser for calls
Before you start, ensure that you are using a web browser (like Google Chrome or Firefox) that supports WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communication), a browser-based communication protocol to make calls. Zendesk Talk does not work with Adobe Flash.
Additionally, if you use a browser to place and receive calls, you must open ports on your computer and network firewalls for Zendesk Talk to work.To learn more, see Preparing for Zendesk Talk.
To take calls with your browser
- Click the Talk icon () in the top toolbar to open the call console.
- In the call console, click the globe icon and then select Via Browser.
Setting up your phone for call forwarding
To take calls with your phone
Before you set up your account for forwarding, make sure you have been given access to Talk. For more information, see Giving agents access to Talk.
- In Zendesk Support, click your profile photo at the top-right of the console, and then click View profile.
- Next to Agent forwarding, click + add number.
- In the panel that appears, select a country and enter your phone number.
If your telephone number includes an extension, add it to the extension field. If you also use additional key presses, you can also add those to the extension field. For example, if a caller must dial '123' followed by a pound ('#') key, enter '123#'.Note: If multiple users will share the same forwarding number, you must include different extension numbers for each agent.
- Click Save.
- In the call console, click the globe icon and select Via Phone.