You can modify some or all of the following widget elements to match the look and feel of your company's website.
The following elements can be modified via the Chat dashboard, under the Appearance tab. Click the links to view details for modifying each element:
- Chat Window, which includes the title bar text or mobile widget configurations, depending on your version of Chat.
- Concierge, what Chat visitors see before connected to an agent.
- Chat Badge, how the widget looks before a chat is started.
To customize the widget's appearance
- From the Chat dashboard, go to Settings > Widget and click the Appearance tab.
- Customize the options as described in the sections below.
- Preview your changes in the Preview pane on the right. Note: The changes displayed in the Preview pane depends on which version of Chat you are using. Expected Preview pane behavior for each section in the Appearance tab is described in the sections below.
- Click Save Changes.
Customizing the Chat Window section
The Chat Window section is where you configure elements related to the frame around a chat between an agent and a customer. The options you see here depend on which version of Chat you’re using.
Chat + Support in the Web Widget (Classic) users
Here, you can customize the Top Title Chat Window element. This text appears on the top of your chat window. The following example shows the top title with the text "Chat with us":
Chat widget users
Here, you can customize the following Chat Window elements:
- Top Title: This text appears on the top of your chat window.
- Theme color: This is the color your widget is outlined in. Enter a hex code or click the swatch to manually select a color.
- Widget position: This allows you to place the widget in the bottom-left or bottom-right of your webpage.
You can also customize the mobile widget:
Overlay window: The chat window opens on top of your mobile site in the same tab (recommended).
Chat Popout: The chat window opens in a new tab.
Customizing the Concierge section
Before visitors connect with a support agent, they see the avatar, name, and tagline of the chat Concierge.
- Display name and Tagline: This text appears at the top of the chat window. The following example shows the default settings for the Display name "Live Support" and the tagline "Ask us anything".
- Avatar: Upload a custom image of the avatar you want to appear for your chat Concierge.
Customizing the Chat Badge section
- On or Off: Enable or disable the chat badge.
- Image Right, Image Left, or Text Only: These options determine how the layout of the chat badge looks. Image Right and Image Left use the default chat bubble image, which you can see in the Preview pane.
- Custom Image: To use your own image, select Custom Image and upload an image in the Image field below.
- Background Color: Enter a hex code or click the swatch to manually select a color for the chat badge background. To use the same color as the Theme Color from the Chat Window section, check the Same as Theme Color box.
- Message: This text appears inside the chat badge before your visitors click on it. The following example shows the badge with the text "Chat with us":
- Image: If you selected Custom Image above, upload an image for your chat badge here.