Use the unique phone number assigned to you, as you cannot share the same number with another agent.
To mask your Sell number
- Contact Zendesk customer support to request phone number masking.
- Provide the following information to the support team so they can set up masking for you (for this you must be connected by phone).
Note: When Zendesk customer support calls you, you'll need two devices or lines that you can use concurrently.
- A contact phone number that the support team can contact you on. This should not be your masking number. It can be your Sell number or any other number you want the support team to contact you on.
- The number you want to use as a masking number.
- The time zone that you are working in.
- Zendesk customer support calls you on the contact phone number you provided, then they will also call your masking number through the Twilio (phone service provider) console.
- While remaining on the line to Zendesk customer support on one device (D1), answer the call to the masking number on your other device (D2).
- Zendesk customer support will read you a six-digit code. When prompted, enter that six-digit code on your D2 device to verify the number.
Your masking number is verified.
- Zendesk customer support will activate the masking number and confirm when it is in place.
When the masking number is activated, your number is masked whenever you make a call using Call via browser from your Sell Voice account. The option to Call via transfer number is unaffected by this.