When responding to a Google Play review, the character reply limit is 350 characters. If that limit is exceeded, Zendesk automatically truncates the message to 350 characters.
This article covers the following topics:
For general information on channels, see About Zendesk channels.
Installing the Zendesk Google Play integration
To use the Google Play integration, you'll need to install the app from the Zendesk Marketplace. When the installation is complete, the app is added to the My Apps section of your Zendesk Support apps page in Admin Center.
To install the Google Play integration
- Go to the Google Play Reviews app in the Zendesk App Marketplace.
- Read the description, then click Install.
- If prompted, select the Zendesk account to install the app, then click Install.
- View or edit the installation information if needed, then click Install.
Setting up your Google Play account and app
After you have installed the Google Play integration, you'll need the following to connect it to Zendesk Support:
Once your app is published, you need to:
- Configure your account and the app
- Upload the JSON file provided
This section includes basic instructions on performing these tasks.
To configure your Service Account
- Navigate to the Google Cloud Console.
- Select an existing project or use the following steps to create a new one:
- Click CREATE PROJECT.
- On the New Project page, enter the app name under Project name.
- Select a Location.
- Click CREATE. You are redirected to the Service Accounts page.
- Click + CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT.
- Choose a name for your Service Account, then click CREATE AND CONTINUE.
- Click the Role drop-down menu and select Owner.
- Click Continue, then click Done. You are redirected to the Service Accounts page.
- Search for the newly created Service Account in the search text box and click the link in the Email column.
- Click the Keys tab > ADD KEY > Create new key.
- Select JSON as the Key Type, then click Create. A JSON file downloads to your device.
To configure your Google Play app
- Navigate to the Google Play Console.
- Click Users and permissions in the left sidebar.
- Click Invite new users.
- In the User details field on the Invite user page, enter the email address of the newly created Service Account and set an access expiry date.
- Under the Permissions section, click Add app and select the app to grant the Service Account user permission, then click Apply.
- You are presented with a list of permissions you can grant your user. Different permissions will be automatically selected depending on the role you choose. We recommend keeping the default permissions for the selected role, making sure the Reply to reviews permission is selected.
- Click Apply, then click Invite User.
Completing your Google Play integration
Now that you have your Google Play app and account configured, return to your Zendesk Support admin page and finish configuring your integration.
To configure your Google Play integration
- In Admin Center, click Apps and integrations in the sidebar, then select Apps > Channel apps.
- Click the Google Play integration link.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Click Add account.
- In the App Name field, give your account a name (it can be any name).
- In the App ID field, enter the ID for your app, which can be found in the Google Play Developer Console.
- Upload the JSON file downloaded when you created your Service Account.
- Click Save Changes.