When responding to a Google Play review, the character reply limit is 350 characters. If that limit is exceeded, Zendesk automatically truncates the message to 350 characters.
This article includes the following sections:
For general information on channels, see About Zendesk Support channels.
Installing the Zendesk Google Play integration
To use the Google Play integration, you'll need to install the app from the Zendesk Marketplace. When the installation is complete, the app is added to the My Apps section of your Zendesk Support apps page in Admin Center.
To install the Google Play integration
- Go to the Google Play Reviews app in the Zendesk App Marketplace.
- Read the description, then click Install.
- If prompted, select the Zendesk account to install the app, then click Install.
- View or edit the installation information if needed, then click Install.
Setting up your Google Play app and account
After you have installed the Google Play integration, you'll need the following to connect it to Zendesk Support:
- A Google Play Developer account.
- An app you created and published in the Google Play app store. For information on app development, see Android for Developers.
Once your app is published, you need to:
- Configure the app and your account
- Upload the JSON file provided
This section includes basic instructions on performing these tasks.
To configure your Google Play app
- Log in to the Google Play Publish page.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar, then click API Access.
- Click the Create new project button to enable your API and link it to the Google API console.
- Click the Create Service Account button, and follow the instructions using a JSON key type.
- When the JSON file is finished downloading, return to the Google Play publish page and click Done on the modal.
To configure your Service Account
- On the Google Play Publish page, click the Grant Access button in your new Service Account.
- Select the Reply to reviews permission for your app.
- Click the Add User button.
Completing your Google Play integration
Now that you have your Google Play app and account configured, return to your Zendesk Support admin page and finish configuring your integration.
To configure your Google Play integration
- In Admin Center, click Apps and integrations in the sidebar, then select Apps > Channel apps.
- Click the Google Play integration link.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Click Add account.
- Give your account a name, and enter the app ID.
- Upload the JSON file downloaded when you created your Service Account.
- Click Save Changes.
Is there any warning before submitting a text that breaches the character limit?
@... You should be able to see that from the side-bar app that is shown on these tickets.
How can I separate Google Play or AppStore rating into 1star, 2 star,3 star, 4 star, 5 star in Zendesk dashboard?
Hi Qin Peng,
You can create a custom field, or simply add tags, and have a trigger for each star reverie add that field value (or tag). You can use a condition for the subject containing the star ratings, at ticket creation. Hope that makes sense.
Is there a way to set up a trigger with auto response to negative reviews? We tried action ''email user'' ''current user'' but it's not working because, of course, there's no email.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
There is a workaround (it is not recommended, but can be used with caution).
Zendesk Expert, Pythia Co-Founder
Thank you, Andrei!
@Jacob Christensen - you wrote above You should be able to see that from the side-bar app that is shown on these tickets (Question was Is there any warning before submitting a text that breaches the character limit?) - which app is this exactly?
I see the comment track here looks a little fragmented, and it's been a while since I've used the Google Play Reviews app from Zendesk marketplace.
I don't recall if it does show a warning if the character limitation is exceeded, some spots are able to prevent submission in these cases.
With the app installed, you should see a sidebar app with review details shown when on a review ticket.
I hope this helps.
Is this only capture rating with comment?
Can we filter or attach a tag to tickets through google play using the info passed on from google play to Zendesk. Does anyone have any workaround?
Attaching a screenshot for reference
Qin Brian is mentioning App Store reviews but I can't find the integration on the Zendesk Marketplace. Could someone send me the link, please?
I assume you mean the Google Play Reviews App which is to find in our Marketplace.
Here you can find the link:
I keep running into an error message when trying to respond to Google Play Reviews.
Ticket events don't really tell me anything. Does anybody know the best things to check when this occurs?
I'd like to take a closer look at your account. I created a ticket on your behalf, and I’ll continue to assist you from there. Kindly check your email for updates. Thank you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.