This article contains the following topics:
Adding a table to an article
To add a table to an article
- Open the article in the Guide article editor, and place your cursor where you want to add the table.
- In the article editor toolbar, click the table icon:
- In the table formatting menu, move your cursor over the grid to select the number of rows and columns you want to include in the table:
- Click the grid to add the table to your article.
Once the table is added to your article, you can add content by clicking inside a cell and inserting text or images. You can also format the width, height, text alignment, and other table properties.
Additionally, you can reopen the table formatting menu to change cell properties, add and remove rows and columns, and change the look and feel of your table.
Editing a table
After you have inserted a table, you can change formatting options for the table including deleting or adding rows and columns, changing the properties of cells, or deleting the entire table.
To edit the table properties
- Click inside the table in the article.
- In the article editor toolbar, click the Table icon. From here, you can, for example add and remove rows and columns, or delete the entire table.
- To edit global table properties, click Table properties. This opens the Table properties window. By default, you can customize the following properties:
If you need greater control over your table appearance, you need to change your help center security permissions to allow unsafe HTML. See Allowing unsafe HTML in help center articles for more information. If you decide to make this security change, the table properties window displays the following options:
The Advanced tab allows you to update the style, border color, and background color.Tip: You specify color values using hexadecimal values. For example, black is #000000 and white is #FFFFFF.
- When you've made your formatting changes, click OK.