This article describes the process for migrating Zendesk Support for Jira integration when moving from a Jira Server to a Jira Cloud instance.
To successfully migrate the Zendesk Support for Jira integration, you must maintain the same Jira issue ID and Jira issue key data when transferring from Jira Server to Jira Cloud.
Additionally, your Jira instance must be public (not behind a firewall) for Zendesk to be able to migrate your links from Server to Cloud.
Migrating Zendesk Support for Jira integration
Migrating the Zendesk Support for Jira integration to Jira Cloud requires planning to ensure integration links are maintained. After migrating your instance to Jira Cloud and installing the Zendesk Support for Jira integration, Zendesk will transfer your links to the new Jira integration.
To migrate the Zendesk Support for Jira integration
- Following Atlassian's recommendations, create a Jira Cloud instance and migrate your data from the Jira Server instance. For information, see Migrate your Atlassian server to cloud.
Important: Ensure that you maintain the Jira issue ID and issue key data during the migration.
- In Jira Server, disconnect the current Zendesk Support for Jira integration.
- Click the Settings cog, then select Apps > Manage apps > Zendesk Support for JIRA > Configure.
- On the Settings page, click Disconnect at Zendesk Support URL.
- Click Save.
- In Jira Cloud, install and configure Zendesk Support for Jira integration. See Setting up Zendesk Support for Jira integration.
- When complete, contact Zendesk Customer Support to request the transfer of your links to the new integration. Include the following information in your request:
- Old Jira Server instance base URL
- New Jira Cloud instance base URL
- Zendesk subdomain
- Confirmation that all Jira issue IDs and issue keys remain the same
Zendesk will process the link transfer to the new Jira integration and restore the ticket links. This may take some time. In the meantime you can begin creating new links as needed.
Article is closed for comments.