You can use the Product Catalog to define the products (goods) used with your deals, which adds another layer of management to your pipeline.
While the Product Catalog uses the term "product" to refer to these goods, the term also refers to any services your company offers.
To add and edit products in the catalog, and to add or hide the Products widget on a deal pipeline, you must have admin rights. All other users have view-only access to the catalog and cannot see the unit cost data.
This article contain the following topics:
Setting up and adding products to your catalog
You need to set up your catalog before you can add your products. To add new products and edit existing ones, you must have admin permissions. Contact your admin if you need assistance.
To set up your product catalog
- On the Sell sidebar, click the Settings icon ().
- Under Customize, click Products.
Before you can add products to deals, you must activate the product widget for deals
To activate the Product widget for deals
- Under Customize, click Layouts.
- Click the Deals tab.
- Under Deal widgets, click Products.
Note: You must manually add the Products widget to each deal pipeline that you want products to be available in.
You can see your product catalog, and the Product widget and can now add products to your catalog.
To add a product to your catalog
- Click the Settings icon ().
- Under Customize, click Products.
- In the top, right corner, click Create Product.
- In the Create product panel to the right, enter the relevant information for your product in the following fields:
Name: (required field) the name of the product
SKU: an inventory number or code. You can search your catalog for the product using the name or the SKU.
Active: you can add an active product to a deal. If a product is inactive, it is still listed in the catalog, but you cannot use it on new deals (until it's reactivated). New products are set as active by default.
Description: a brief note describing the product.
Unit Price: the price of a single item. This is the basis for calculating the discount, markup, and selling price values.Note: You can choose one or more currencies for the unit price. Click Add (+) next to the unit price to add multiple currencies for the product (see Working with currencies).
Max Discount: the maximum discount you want to allow your team to offer on a product (up to 100%).
Max Markup: the maximum markup you want to allow your team to add to the product's unit price. This lets you increase the value of a product in a given deal. There is no upper limit to the maximum markup.
Pricing Variation: shows the range of prices available for a single item of the product. This is based on the unit price, maximum discount, and maximum markup settings.Note: For products that have a unit price of zero, the Pricing Variation does not display.
Unit cost: (Admin-only field) lets you record the price of manufacturing or purchasing a single item of the product. If you have specified multiple currencies, all currencies display. This field is not included in any of the above calculations.
- Click Save. Your product is now listed in your product catalog. You can add multiple products at a time. If you want to leave without saving, click Cancel.
To view all previously added products, click View Catalog.
Working with multiple currencies
You can select any base currency for your product.
To add a separate price for a given product in multiple currencies
- In the Sell Product Catalog, go to the item you want to add a currency to.
- In the Unit price field, click the Add (+) icon to choose and add one of the currencies available in Sell to the item.
Products with prices available in more than one currency have + *more next to the unit price. The number (for example, +4 more) represents the number of currencies that are available. For more information about currencies in Sell, see Working with currencies in Sell
Adding products to a deal
In the Products column, you can see the products associated with each deal, the total the total value of the products (converted to the deal's currency), and any discounts you've applied.
To add products to an existing deal
- Click the deal you want to add products to.
- In the Products widget, in the right column, click Add product (+).
Note: When creating a new deal, you can add products to that deal by clicking Add products in the Deal info dialog.
- In the Product catalog, select the checkbox next to the products you want to add to the deal.
- When you've selected all of the products you want to add to the deal, click Next to go to the summary.
- In the Add products summary dialog, review the products you've selected. At this point you can also add a discount, change the price or currency for the product, and the quantity.
- To add additional products, click Add products below the list, and type the name of the product you want to add.
- The Set products value as deal value checkbox is selected by default and sets the deal value based on the total value of the products listed. To add the value to your deal manually, deselect this checkbox.
- To add a global discount to all of the products listed (instead of manually setting a discount for individual products), select the Add total discount % checkbox.
- Click Save.
- The products that you added to the deal are now visible in the Products widget. You can also see the total value of the products associated with the deal in the deal's currency, and the global discount (if you applied one). If you applied discounts to individual products manually, then you must go to the deal summary and click Edit deal to see it reflected in the widget.
Product prices in currencies other than the deal's currency are converted to the equivalent amount in the deal's currency and shown as the (Total) Products Value. The (Total) Products Value is updated daily, based on current exchange rates (see Working with currencies). For example, if your deal's currency is euros, and you set the price for a product in dollars, the product's price in dollars remains the same, but the (Total) Products Value, in euros, changes.
Only the top five products of the deal display in the widget. If there are more products than the five listed, click the More (...) icon.
You can add products to a deal when quick-adding a deal from the Sales Pipeline. You can also filter your Deals by products in the Sales Pipeline view.
Hiding the Products widget
If sales reps don't need to see product details in a deal pipeline, admins can hide the Product widget from them. However, if you hide the Products Catalog, sales reps can't select products for their deals. Hiding the Products widget does not remove your product catalog; the contents of your catalog are retained for your account, in case you want to make it visible again in the future.
To hide the Products widget
- On the Sell sidebar, click the Settings icon ().
- Under Customize > Layouts, click the Deals tab.
- In the Deal widgets column on the right, click Edit.
Our sales team creates deals using the products list as specified in the above directions. We were hoping to use this data to help with forecasting but when the products are selected as a filter within the deals tab, it only pulls the individual names of the products that are selected within each deal which does not tell us anything useful. We want the quantities as well as the extended price of each product that has been selected. This seems like it should be a feature, is there a way I can pull that info in order to export into Excel?
La moneda colombiana COP$ no esta soportada por los productos.
Can we set a default markup and discount so I don't have to add it for each product individually?
Hi Chase - I would definitely recommend posting your feedback on our existing reporitng abilities on products in our Community: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360003042793-Feedback-on-Sell. You are correct that we do not have a way to pull additional product details in a report. What exactly are you try to report on, all of the product quantities and values of deals that have been won or are forecasted? This might be something you can achieve with our API: https://developers.getbase.com/docs/rest/articles/introduction.
Product Catalog is included in Growth plan according to this page
After update, we can't no longer see the SKU while adding products to deal, or even edit the products list with SKU field using the Products Widget.
SKU data field is very important for companies with products with many variants to tell the difference.
Please help put back the SKU field.
A suggestion more that a question. It would be great if products could correspond to different pipelines.
For instance a single sale might have a number of items:
At present it would need 3 sales to represent the entire deal even though contractually it is one document and one invoice.
My thinking to overcome this would be that Products drive the pipeline and that one Sale with products from multiple pipelines allows the sale to appear in several pipes (with the corresponding amount) consistent with the product that matches the pipe.
Might be just lockdown madness but...
Please sign in to leave a comment.