The Clone Ticket app integrates with Zendesk Support and enables agents to clone a ticket multiple times in batches. You can select a specific ticket and clone as many copies as set by an administrator.
The app maintains all ticket metadata and allows configuration of the tickets after they are cloned. The cloned tickets contain the source ticket information such as contact details, status, type, and the initial question or comment. An internal comment is added showing the date, time, and the source ticket number.
This article includes the following topics:
Installing the app
The app is installed from the Zendesk Marketplace.
To install the app
- In Zendesk Support, click Admin (), then select Apps > Marketplace. Enter "Clone Ticket" in the search bar at the upper right of the page.
- Click on the Clone Ticket app.
- Under Select your plan, choose the plan that has the features you need. You can change the plan you're using at any time by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage.
- In the Installation section, enter a name for the Clone Ticket app, then enable group and role restrictions if required. These configuration options are also available after installation by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage.
- In the Creation Limit setting, you set the max number of tickets that can be cloned at one time. This cannot be set to zero.
- You can check the Allow agents to open cloned tickets box, and the cloned tickets can be opened immediately.
- Click Install.
Using the app
When a ticket is opened, the app is available to clone the ticket in the ticket sidebar.
To clone the ticket
- Display the Clone Ticket app on the ticket page by clicking the Apps button on the upper-right side of the page.
- In the Clone Ticket app, click Create clones of this ticket.
- Enter the number of times to clone a ticket and click Create. You can choose whether to open the tickets automatically after creation.
- Re-enter the number of times to clone a ticket as confirmation, and click Confirm.
A confirmation message displays the number of cloned tickets created.
Version 2.2.0 — 2020-08-27
- Added a setting to allow for tags to be added to clone tickets. This allows an admin to build triggers or other workflow on tags that are applied to cloned tickets.
Version 2.3.0 — 2021-07-30
- Convert and incorporate paid features into the Free plan