After you've enabled and configured Talk, you need to give your agents access. Admins can configure three levels of access for Talk agents, or disable access to Talk so that the agent cannot use it.
Managing access to Talk
To manage access to Talk
- In Admin Center, click the People icon () in the sidebar, then select Team > Team members.
- On the People page, click the user you want to grant access to Talk. The user you choose must have the User type of Staff member.
Note: Currently, you can manage Talk access for one user at a time.
- In the users profile, under Role, click Manage in Admin Center.
Zendesk Admin Center opens on the Roles and access tab.
- In the Talk section of the page, enable the Access checkbox. If you don't enable this checkbox, the user cannot access Talk.
Tip: By default, the checkbox is not selected and users won't have access to Talk.
- From the Role dropdown, choose one of the following Talk roles for this agent. Choose from:
- Admin: An admin can manage all Talk settings found in Zendesk Support under Channels > Talk, but cannot make or receive calls.
- Team lead: A team lead is a Talk admin who can also make or receive calls.
- Agent: The agent will be the role you'll typically give. Agents can make or receive calls only.
The Talk Admin role does not consume a seat when used in conjunction with a free Support seat such as Contributor or Light agent.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The agent now has access to Talk with the permissions you configured.