Why are my tickets being suspended with the Cause of suspension listed as Received from support address?
One of the causes for an email to be suspended is that the email was received from a support address and is causing a mail loop. Confirm that your Cause of suspension is Received from support address in two places in your account:
- The Suspended Tickets view in the column Cause of suspension
- Within the individual suspended ticket
Common problems from this suspension type
This issue can cause problems in your account. See the examples below:
- Your account may have a forwarding rule in place that automatically forwards emails from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com.
- As messages get forwarded, they will have firstname.lastname@example.org in either the TO or CC field of the email.
- When an email arrives from email@example.com, it will create a ticket, either with firstname.lastname@example.org as the requester or in the CC field.
- Whenever that ticket generates a notification to that email@example.com user, the notification is sent out by Zendesk, but then is immediately forwarded back in by the forwarding rule.
How to avoid these suspended tickets
The most common cause of this issue is that an external email address forwards emails to your account, but the email address was not configured as a Support Address. The best way to avoid this issue is to be sure that any email accounts that forward emails to your Zendesk are configured as support addresses.