|November 21, 2023
|November 17, 2023
|November 21, 2022
We are excited to announce our latest enhancement for conversation bots - dynamic conversation experiences. Take your customer experience to the next level by offering a more engaging experience where the bot can perform tasks for customers such as
- Providing tailored product recommendations
- Checking order status
- Facilitating order cancellations
- Generating valuable leads
- And much more…
This announcement includes the following topics:
What is changing and why?
In our effort to provide more interactive and personalized conversations, conversation bots can now fetch data from external systems and dynamically present this data in an engaging manner through carousels and messages. The bot can also capture the customer's selection from the carousel and store it into a variable for subsequent use, such as triggering another API call to perform a task.
Here is a quick glance at our newly supported capabilities:
- Array variable support for ‘Make an API call’
- Variable usage in the ‘Carousel’ step
- Inclusion of a ‘Save response’ button in the ‘Carousel’ step
What do I need to do?
All of these new enhancements are readily available to customers using Zendesk bots.
To help you understand better, let's explore through an example of configuring the bot to cancel an order using these new updates.
Array variable support for Make an API call
The ‘Make an API call’ step has been enhanced to store an array of objects into an array variable. As part of this experience, you can define the mapping of the JSON response to the variable using key-value pairs to help you gain better control over data organization.
We have elevated the functionality of Carousels to now utilize variables in all fields including Title, Description and Button links. To leverage the array variable, you will need to transition to dynamic carousels. This will empower the carousel cards to be dynamically populated with data retrieved from your preferred external system.
Save response button in Carousels
We have introduced a new button where you can specify the value to be stored if the end user selects an option from the carousel. This variable can subsequently be used in an API call to cancel the selected order, thereby enhancing the responsiveness of your bot.
Where can I find more information?
- For more information on Make API calls, see Using the Make API call step in a conversation bot
- To learn more about Carousels, see Understanding answer step types
- To learn more about the save response button, see Adding rich content to answers in bot builder
- For more information on variables, see Using variables to personalize bot answers